Thursday, May 8, 2008

Sweet Spring

So this morning I went on a rather long walk with Bella in the stroller. She fell asleep almost instantly. This was great for me because I now had quiet reflection time. I walked along the river trail and noticed how beautiful today was. The air was cool, the sun was shining, the sky was blue...yes just perfect. Sometimes, we busy people forget to stop and just breathe; so that's what I did. I stopped, inhaled deeply, breathed out fully, and felt how good a cleansing breath can be. To make it better, each time I took my deep breaths along the trail, the sweet smell of tree blossoms filled my nose and made the experience even more pleasurable. My body felt good from walking, my lungs enjoyed the very fresh post-rain air, and my mind got some quiet time. What a great way to start my day. I am so grateful for God's beautiful art that comes in the form of grass, skies, trees, flowers, flowing rivers and the smells and sounds that go along with nature.

1 comment:

Becca said...

I am glad you were able to appreciate such a wonderful day!