Thursday, February 12, 2009

Does the experience matter?

Okay, so I just linked to a friend's blog about nuchal cords but I came across this entry and just have to link to it as well. She talks about her feelings in regard to the statement, " Your baby is healthy and that is all that matters." I believe..especially after reading the comments that she was the voice of many women who didn't know how to express how they were feeling about this oh so common phrase. I hope you will all check it out.

Emily's Blog

2 comments:

Becca said...

The nicest thing anyone ever told me after my traumatic birth experience with James was that it is okay to mourn. Of course I was grateful he was alive and was able to recover without lasting damage, but I still needed to mourn and have someone validate my feelings. Eventually, I came to peace with my experience and I can appreciate it for what it is now, but I will always be grateful for that one person who took the time to listen to my feelings and validated them when I needed her to.

Lindsay said...

I was pumping a lot becuase Owen is a very lazy nurser. I try to nurse as often as possible and do nurse him all evening and night. I wish all I could do was nurse but he is very slow. I don't always pump that much just as of lately was doing it that much. It is just more convenient for me, with school and work. Thank you for your sweet comment. I will see you at your shower on wed.